AMERICA

AMERICA
ONE NATION UNDER GOD!

Friday, February 26, 2010

A Bible Trivia Quiz

Ladies and Gentlemen! Boys and girls. Step right up and test your knowledge. I know you won't break the rules. 'Cause there aren't any. Put on your thinking caps, or dunce caps, which ever you prefer. I'm using The NIV translation.

  1. Which book of the Bible is the only one to offer a blessing, just for reading it?

  2. What is the only breed of dog mentioned by name in the Bible?

  3. Oddly, this word only appears twice in the Bible. Both times in the new testament.  What is this word?

  4. Name two men who are credited in the Bible as having slayed "Goliath."

  5. How many times is the word "Tattoo" mentioned in the Bible? Cite the chapters and verses.

  6. How many times is the word "Trinity" mentioned in the Bible? Cite chapters and verses.

  7. Who murdered a man by driving a tent peg into his temple?

  8. What is the only sin which will not be forgiven?

 9. Cite two instances in the bible where liars are rewarded.

10. Ezekiel 26:2-6 says 2“Son of man, because Tyre has said of Jerusalem, ‘Aha! The gate to the nations is broken, and its doors have swung open to me; now that she lies in ruins I will prosper,’ 3therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against you, O Tyre, and I will bring many nations against you, like the sea casting up its waves. 4They will destroy the walls of Tyre and pull down her towers; I will scrape away her rubble and make her a bare rock. 5Out in the sea she will become a place to spread fishnets, for I have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD. She will become plunder for the nations, 6and her settlements on the mainland will be ravaged by the sword. Then they will know that I am the LORD.
 WHO FULFILLED this prophecy in history, by destroying the City of Tyre?

15 comments:

NicNacManiac said...

Well yes, I am into pearls!!!!!!

Marnie said...

A dunce cap for me...lol. This quiz is a good one. Are you going to post the answers?

I enjoy reading your posts. They are always interesting.

Take care,
Marnie

Dutch Sugar Babe said...

Uhhhhh....

How 'bout some more coffee?

Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

I'de participate but I'm not a bible reader.

I look forward to the posted answers!

Blasé said...

#1 Revelation

#6 Never

#7 I used to know that one. I've forgot more than most know

#8 Blasphemy of the holy spirit (whatever that means).


I've got 2 for you.

1.What was the situation/account in the Old Testament when God lied?

It's there.

I've only come across one other christian/person who is willing to admit it.


2.Where in the bible is the only mention of the word 'Reverend'?

..and, it is not referring to a 'man' as christians do today. You will find this one in the Old English translation. The obsolete one.

Marnie said...

Doh! More brain teasers...time for a coffee....

Kelly said...

Without googling

1. Revelations.
2. I have no idea but can't wait to find out.
3.Christian
4.David & God
5. Well, I know it says don't tattoo the names of the dead on yourself in I think Leviticus, but again, I'm trying to do this without google.
6. ZERO!
7. I just read this!! WOOT! Jael (Heber's wife) in Judges 4:21. WITHOUT GOOGLE BABY! OH YES!
8. Blasphemy the Holy Spirit
9. Rahab, the Prostitute is one. I can't think of the other.
10. I can't recall this, although I suspect it was in some of my current readings. (I am reading the Old testatment.)

Great quiz! I loved it.

Heidi said...

It's kinda hard coming in after CW. I like these quizzes though and I like to see the answers! Most of these, in all honesty, I'd have to look up. But I have only 3 minutes to get to work so.....

toodles

KrippledWarrior said...

@Blase: I presume you are referring to 1 Kings 22 when you speak of God telling a lie! Where God sent a deceiving spirit to the prophets!
And Psalms 111:9 is where you find the word reverend, in the KJV.

Blasé said...

No, I Kings 22 is about God using someone else to do his lying for him. What I'm referring to was when God told the people that if they would do such and such....He would do such and such. The people did what they were supposed to do, God didn't.

The term "christian" is not used in either instance as the way we use it today.


Going from memory (which is not as sharp anymore), the first reference is somewhere in Acts. The unbelievers labeled the disciples as "christians". The believers never referred to one another or their self as "christian".

The second "if you suffer as a christian", again the context is not being used as a label or title.

Anonymous said...

(hanging head in shame) I didn't know any of these. I am going to have to do some serios research now. I was bored, thanks for giving me something to do!

The AIC concert was amazing by the way!

Heart2Heart said...

Kurt,

WOW How much fun is this and I've even been meaning to upload this app to my daughter's Itouch so I can play it when I am waiting to pick her up from school. Knowledge is power my friend.

1. Revelations! My all time fav book of the Bible!

2. The greyhound. It's in Proverbs 30:29-31.
"There be three things which go well, yea,
Which are comely in going;
A lion, which is strongest among beasts and
Turneth not away from any;
A greyhound;
A he-goat also."

3.Christian

4. David and God.

5. I would have to say once but I am not sure. "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:28" So Kelly was right it was in Leviticus.

6. None

7. In Judges 4:21 it is Heber's wife.

8. Blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

9. I open on that one. I am sure that there are a few.

10. Nebuchadnezzar and Alexander the Great.

These were fun and I love a challenge. Can't wait to hear your answers! Thanks for the invite!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Blasé said...

Oh, here we go! I see "some folks" had enough time today to do some researching, googling, and things of that nature...

Edie said...

Well I arrived too late as usual. Kudos to Kelly and Kat! Great job girls! I honestly would have to look up the answers to most of these too. But that is not a bad thing. Choosing not to research it out is the bad thing. :)

Blasé said...

ok, since Cat (with a K) likes Bible trivia and googling so much...

1. How many times is the word begat, thy, thou, truly, and smite used? (Tip:you'll need to program google to the King Jim version)

2. Where is an automobile mentioned, and what is the make?

3. Where did Cain get his wife.. and what was her favorite color, flower, and soap opera?