AMERICA

AMERICA
ONE NATION UNDER GOD!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

MOVIE CALL...

What is your favorite movie? It depends on your definition of Favorite! Is it something that moves your emotions? LOVE STORY. OF MICE AND MEN. THE GREEN MILE. A TIME TO KILL. MISSISSIPPI BURNING. APOCALYPSE NOW! GRAN TORINO.
Is it a Thriller, Chiller? HOUSE. THE SHINNING. THE HOWLING. FRANKENSTEIN. DRACULA. NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. TWILIGHT ZONE. LET THE RIGHT ONE IN. ERASERHEAD.
A Comedy? ROXANNE. UNCLE BUCK. FATHER OF THE BRIDE. THE OUT-OF-TOWNERS. LIAR LIAR. NAKED  GUN. THE TRUMAN SHOW. THE LAST REMAKE OF BEAU GESTE.
A Gore fest? PSYCHO. BLOODY BUTCHERS. HALLOWEEN. FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH. NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET. NO COUNTY FOR OLD MEN.
Sci-fi? FORBIDDEN PLANET. 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY. STARSHIP TROOPERS. STAR WARS. STAR TREK. ROBOCOP. KILLER CLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE.
Westerns? A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS. ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST. COWBOYS. THE SHOOTIST. UNFORGIVEN. HIGH NOON. A MAN CALLED HORSE. HANG 'EM HIGH.
War Flick? PATTON. THE GUNS OF NAVARONE. WHERE EAGLES DARE. THE DIRTY DOZEN. INGLORIOUS BASTARDS. THE GREAT ESCAPE. THE BRIDGE OVER THE RIVER KWAI. THE HIGHEST HONOR. GALLIPOLI. MERRY CHRISTMAS MR. LAWRENCE.
Swords and Sorcery? CONAN. THE BEAST MASTER. EXCALIBUR. QUEST FOR FIRE. 10,000 B.C.
Is it the one movie you shared with a special friend? A movie you have seen over and over and over and over... Well you get the idea.

Is this too specific? Then allow me to ask: What is your favorite movie genre?
You are not limited to the selections I mentioned above.I promise not to psycho-analyze your choice. I just want to know you better.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

My favorite movie is "My Dog Skip." It is a really sweet movie about a boy and his dog. You will cry during this movie if you love dogs.

I also like Bridges of Madison County, and I also cried during that!

I also like We Were Soldiers because it was based on a true story.

I enjoy comedies too, but wouldn't put any in the category of "I LOVED that!"

Blasé said...

Tear-Jerker Movies:

The Green Mile, I Am Sam, Brian's Song, Billy Jack...

Edie said...

I don't watch many movies because I don't care for much of the content or the messages in movies today. If they removed all of the objectionable content then I would like action and adventure movies, animal movies, and love stories. I like mysteries too cause I'm a detective at heart. :)

Some movies I have enjoyed are Journey to the Center of the Earth, Ink Heart, and Fireproof. Can't think of others right now.

Anonymous said...

I like a good horror flick, but not the gore, more the psych, like The Shining.. and a good Comedy..like As good as it Gets - Loved the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter Stuff..i Cry like a baby if it's sad, so I avoid those if possible... and I love anything with Will Smith or John Travolta in it.. Just came home from the theatre tonight - From Paris With Love...didn't really like John in that role, somehow it didn't fit, but he looked awesome anyway :-)

Ms. A said...

I, too, am a tear jerker fan. Then again, it doesn't take much to move me to tears. One True Thing, Green Mile, I Am Sam, Terms of Endearment, Nell, Brave Heart, The Patriot, Tears of the Sun, Ghost, Spanglish, Reign Over Me... my list is long... my memory right this minute, is not. Heck, my memory isn't long at any moment!

Ms. A said...

One more... Cold Mountain.

Dutch Sugar Babe said...

I just love going to the movies, but I hardly go these days.
Thrillers and suspense movies keep my mind active. They throws you for a loop or two. But I also enjoy those costume drama movies.

Amber said...

I love comedy. Moveies we watch over and over are: City Slickers, Bandits, As Good As It Gets, stuff like that.