AMERICA

AMERICA
ONE NATION UNDER GOD!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

I've been busy

Doing what? you ask.
Expanding my understanding of the universe in which we live.For example; This little cartoon will give you a hint at where I've been.
_________________________________
______________________________

But it goes much further down the rabbit hole than this. For the time being just let me tell you that having a comprehensive understanding of Science, and the Universe does not put me at odds with my faith in God.


Are there many scientists who believe in God? Bryn Mawr College psychologist James Leuba asked this question in 1914 and again in 1933. He had stated that once science was taught properly in the US University system, belief in God would become non-existent. 

Specifically, he asked a sample of American scientists if they believed in a personal God who answers prayers and in the immortality of the human soul. According to Leuba, he “chose to define God as given above because that is the God worshipped in every branch of the Christian religion.” Scientists were selected from the standard reference guide American Men of Science (later changed to American Men and Women of Science) and were limited to one of three answers: yes, no or I don’t know. The results of Leuba’s studies found that 40% of American scientists believe in a personal God.

In 1996 and again in 1998, Pulitzer Prize winner Professor Edward Larson of the University of Georgia and Washington Times reporter Larry Witham teamed up to duplicate Leuba’s study in an effort to determine if scientists’ religious beliefs have changed much over the last 65 years. Larson and Witham found that 40% of American scientists still believe in a personal God. This number does not include those who believe in an impersonal God or Supreme Being. Or a God who watches the events happen with no regard toward prayers offered by the created. Don't get me wrong. There are a great many people who believe themselves to be mentally superior to those who profess a faith in a Creator God. Here are some that didn't agree with those people:
to download the E-Book in English, Russian click Here::::::

Thank you for all of your support and encouragement.

12 comments:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Well it's good to know you're still around kicking up some good conversation, Kurt. Hope all is OK with you...

NicNacManiac said...

I think my brain hurts...oh..maybe you just woke it up...thanks for that :)
Just thought I'd stop by and give you more hugs...bigger ones this time xOxO

Heff said...

Been wondering what you've been up to, dude !

Jo said...

I was just going to say, wasn't it Einstein who said that, the closer one gets to science, the closer they get to God? Then I saw Einstein's name at the top of this list.

For me, the jury is still out on whether or not I believe in God, but every time I try to come up with a reason why there is no God, I am not really able to do it. I just wish He weren't so capricious. But maybe that is part of what being God is all about. :-)

Jo said...

That video was incredible. I'm going to send it to "Phinnaeus" and "Marigold". They would love it...!

Red Shoes said...

I've posted all kinds of shiznit about to what extent I believe in God... but I will most definitely agree that ones being more scientific does NOT have to mutually exclude one from believing in God...

It's good to see you back around, Kurt...

~shoes~

Betty Manousos said...

Hey Kurt, love your new template and the vid was super awesome!

Thanks so much for stopping by; always good to hear from you!

Wishing you a great week ahead! :)

B

Marnie said...

Glad to see you are back at it :0)

Alice in Wonderland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Edie said...

I'm sure this explains how a seed bead found it's way into my daughter's ear to be discovered by the doctor she went to see for her strep throat. ;)

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me and my new puppy. Yes I'm a softie. Who knew??.

Edie said...

Jo - I used to be agnostic too. I didn't know if God was real but wanted to know the Truth of the matter so I asked Him. It made sense to me that either He is GOD or He isn't. If He is then He is certainly capable of making it clear to me. And if He is God then He is certainly worth getting to know.

He answered me and told me He was real. Not the second I asked but soon afterward when I wasn't expecting an answer.

"for the LORD searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts If you seek Him, He will let you find Him;" 1 Chronicles 28:9

"if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul." Deuteronomy 4:29

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6

Heidi said...

Seeing is not believing. Believing is seeing.