AMERICA

AMERICA
ONE NATION UNDER GOD!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

ANOTHER DAY

FRIDAY FEBRUARY 25, 2011
The South entrance to the VA Hospital, La Jolla, California

Same entrance, closer

The Southern view from the entrance pictured above.
Note the gray skies, very uncharacteristic for SoCal. even in the dead of winter.


My current project. A Keepsake box. On Fridays I work on projects to build the fine motor skills. On the other days I work my hands using Resistance Putty and Thera-bands. (photos to appear later).

Felicia, A UCSD Student Volunteer, who helps in my therapy sessions, along with Elaine and Eddie.

After the VA transport van dropped me off at home, I took some pictures to share with you...
This is my front door. My house faces due west. So this is looking towards the east, with the rocky hills that make up my backdoor view.

Even in WINTER
Everywhere I look

I am constantly reminded

Of why I choose to live in SoCal.



This was the Southern view on Friday 25 February. On Saturday 26 February, those clouds turned into a frog strangling downpour. And in the East County snow fell at 2800 ft. In a few days you nice people on the east coast will be getting a taste of this storm system.

But by Sunday 27, February, the skies over SoCal looked like this again.

////////////////////><\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Roba Dolce Redux
______________________
If you're a regular reader, you may recall my original post concerning the FREE SAMPLES of Sorbetto and Gelatto I received from the kind people at Roba Dolce, just for putting their logo in my side bar. In that post I wrote about my impression with their product. I raved about the Raspberry Almond Fudge, The Lemon and the Blood Orange. But I was less than cordial about their Mango Sorbetto.

Let me state that the product review was based on my taste impressions from eating the 6.6 oz single serving containers. And since then we, discussed the date of manufacture on the mango. Apparently the single serving container of mango was from an older recipe. But the large container, which was also in the original post, was from a newer recipe. And in the spirit of fairness, I must say;

The new Mango is superb. It is tangy, tart exquisitely sweet and it has that distinct mango after taste that revisits the pallet for a few breaths after swallowing. In actuality, the only element missing from a true mango experience is the hair-like fibrils stuck in your teeth.

Also in the package was a large carton of Pistachio Sorbetto. 
The problem with most frozen concoctions containing nuts is that the nuts are usually mushy and tasteless and are in short supply. 
The Roba Dolce Pistachio Sorbetto does not have any of these problems.
I liked it.

HAVE A GREAT AND BLESSED WEEK.

11 comments:

MsDarkstar said...

Hmmm, wonder if I can find the sorbet/sorbetto in my local store... Blood Orange is a favorite flavor of mine!

Greetings from Niecy said...

Great Pics! We share the same home-town. S.D. is so beautiful all year long. Have you enjoyed the rain? I have. It makes the air feel so clean and fresh.
I'll have to check out the Sorbetto. Sounds yummy!
Have a Blessed Sunday!!!
Niecy

Kelly said...

I love the view! Beautiful and breath taking. I hope the therapy is going well! Thanks for sharing.

Have a wonderful week!

Unknown said...

I'm totally enjoying your pics.... a little snippet in the life of you :)

Cloudia said...

Loved spending this day with you.

You are much on my mind for healing and friendship...



Aloha from Honolulu, Hero


Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

:-)

It must be a great feeling to be working on recovering and retrieval of abilities... Keep going, Kurt -

Heidi said...

I admit, SoCal looks so much better than west MI right now. My son said snow was expected a few nights ago. Did you see any flakes?

I've changed my blog setting to "only I can read it" for now. That blog needs help and some fresh writing and some sort of focus, so until I can get that under control, it's going to remain unavailable.

Onward! with the rehab. Best- Heidi

Marnie said...

I can't wait to see the keepsake box when you're finished :0) As always I've enjoyed the pictures. Take care xo

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Southern California...ahhhhh yeah. the only think I didn't like was the packed freeways but you know I'm so par of it that I am used to it and I know so many ways to go around them. hehehe. La Jolla is a nice area.

you have a great view.
xxx

betty manousos said...

Aww Kurt, what great pictures!
Nice view!
I really enjoyed looking at them.

Hope the therapy is going well.

Sending my positive thoughts your way and thank you so much for your wonderful comments on my blog.

I'm so grateful for having you as my friend.

Have a good day!
Betty

Cocaine Princess said...

What beautiful pictures. I love California in particular La Jolla- the scenery {esp. along the Torrey Pines cliffs} and the architecture of the church buildings truly is breath~taking.

Mango- YUM!!